Head of School
Our School Council members are integral to Torwood as it gives our pupils a ‘voice’ and allows them to make formal decisions on a range of areas, such as school menus and events.
Members of School Council
Two class representatives will be democratically voted to School Council before the first meeting, this took place on Thursday 20th September 2018. A pupil as also elected from Mrs Da Re and Mrs Seagrove’s class as well as a pupil from Year 5. The older children were asked to prepare a short speech stating why they should be voted as a class representative to sit on the School Council and present it to class. The class then voted for the person they felt would make the best class representative.
School Council achievements in 2018:
- Clothes ‘drive’ raised £102
- Secondhand book and cake sales raised £46
- Decorating playground as Santa’s Grotto and supplied presents for everyone
- Reduced waste in dining hall by asking kitchen to reduce the size of seconds
- Held ‘Head of the Day’ raffle raising £82.
Minutes of the last meeting:
- Previous minutes agreed
- Class Council reps to ask class members for suggestions to spend this year’s school council budget on
- Meeting with Mrs Pauline Trewin, catering manager was held on 6/11/18. Will and Vinnie presented all the questions school council had compiled and will feedback in the next School council
Next meeting: 24th January 2019