Head of School – Freddie
Deputy Head of School – Rowan
Head of Brunel – Giovanni
Head of Smythe – William
Our School Council members are integral to Torwood as it gives our pupils a ‘voice’ and allows them to make formal decisions on a range of areas, such as school menus and events.
Members of School Council
Class representatives will be democratically voted to School Council before the first meeting, this took place on Monday 30th September 2019. The older children were given the Job Description for a School Council Representative and were asked to prepare a short speech stating why they should be voted as a class representative to sit on the School Council and present it to class. The class then voted for the person they felt would make the best class representative.
School Council achievements in 2018:
- Clothes ‘drive’ raised £102
- Secondhand book and cake sales raised £46
- Decorating playground as Santa’s Grotto and supplied presents for everyone
- Reduced waste in dining hall by asking kitchen to reduce the size of seconds
- Held ‘Head of the Day’ raffle raising £82.
School Council achievements in 2019:
- Ice lollies provided on two occasions as a treat for the whole school
- Interview held with Pauline, Catering Manager, to discuss using more local and seasonal produce resulting in a menu change
- Organised a whole school vote on what to spend school council annual budget on
- Raised £63 for Blaise Weston Court through mufti day and raised a further £96 through purchase of collaborative art pieces
- Organised Red Nose Sale and event
- Enjoyed an afternoon tea hosted by Mrs Packer as a thank you to council members.
Minutes from last meeting:
- Previous minutes agreed
- Welcome to new members and photograph taken
- School Council agreed to organise a ‘Hygiene Bank Bag’ event for Christmas. Collecting everyday items such as soap, toothbrush, shampoo etc and creating bags for people unable to afford such products in Bristol. Further details to follow
- Poster being produced to advertise joint Halloween Party with a local school.